*Stay faithful to the stories in your head.


* Fiction writing is great. You can make up almost anything.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Story (Featured in Klash)

Klash of the Konfessioners is a blog where we write in each week on a particular word. Here's one such entry of mine....featured in Klash of 5th Dec2007. The word was STORY

STORY
God: “Let me narrate your story to you”

I stood there listening to my life story. There it flashed before me. I was the hero and not only had the onus of writing my own story but also the privilege of living it. Like a star I was treated. - serenaded by blessings when I acted good, held by Him when I turned weak .My actions coloured the story in many hues.

God smiled and said “My child, based on your old story, here is your new plot. You are Nandini – go forth and write it.

Me: “What if I suffer writer’s block”

God: “Write it with the ink of faith and your story will move on”

8 comments:

we-the-helping-hands said...

"I stood there listening to my life story. There it flashed before me. I was the hero and not only had the onus of writing my own story but also the privilege of living it"

Sweets.. God is a master story teller.. He ALWAYS writes masterpieces... go ahead :)

GSV said...

beautiful writup..:)actully that was winner entry at that blog..i 'managed' to know..:)
keep writing

jasp said...

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it." - Khayyam

Unknown said...

my question is:
did you actually suffer from writer's block? or do you think, you are writing it, consciously?


nice one though. had depth :-)

Kaveesh said...

She doesnt suffer with writer's block..huh! She just pretends!

Infact she suffers with a prowess in writing that can block the minds of all other writers. hahaha

U know its ur best Senior!
It wud be an understatement to call it even the 'Best'!

NonsSens said...

Thank you soooo much ppl......Comments always manage to perk one up.

Sari - thanks for egging me on

Gsv - :P...Kya batayun

Jasp - Wow...gr8, gr8 words by Khayyam. Do we have any philosophical poets left now?


Abhishek - I dunno abt "writer's block"...I bludgeon on in life...hoping they somehow look like words ( & not scribbles)...and add up to make some sort of a story....which might amuse Him(I cant even think that I can do something which will make Him proud...so atleast just make Him smile!!!!)

Kaveesh - :P....c'mon your words assume proportions of flattery....but I'll take it as a huge ego boost. I liked this piece of mine in Klash....but c'mon with so many gr8 writeups every week....I know my best isn't anyway near average in Klash!!
But these words of yours , coming from a good, good writer, is really great.....Thanks.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on starting a blog (belated though). No wonder I relate to it right from the title itself - nons'sen's.

I really like the piece you wrote on catching cold. I thought it was cool and the speed with which I read it was a revelation. You do have a flair for writing. Add your sense of humour to that ... a bit of awareness/opinion on things happening around you ... may be a few more things. Do we see a Nandini's column someday ... sumwhere .... !!

NonsSens said...

Hey Senses - Thanks for your "encouraging words".....as 4 Nandini's column...pfff - I dont think so.
BTW, who are you? (Somehow I know a lot of Sens....so just trying to figure out which of the "Senses" are you :))