*Stay faithful to the stories in your head.


* Fiction writing is great. You can make up almost anything.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Valentine Cacophony

This Valentine’s Day is going to be great for Gemini & Libra, but Saggitarians better beware. For others it will be OK.”
No, this isn’t my prophecy , but some astrologer’s statement I overheard in the radio the other day.
Gosh – now if you found this funny, sample this –
Girl: “Darling I erased your presentation my mistake”
Guy (in a dazed voice):“Super”
Girl: “I know your promotion depended on it”
Guy (same tone) : “Awesome”
Girl: “Are you listening to what I’m saying”
Guy (same tone) : “Wow”
Then a voice over says, “Come to XYZ Beauty Salon and get a total makeover for this Valentine’s Day

Yeah sure….the “makeover” is so extraordinary, that it seems to have reduced the guy to a silly puppet with severe problems in verbosity.
I mean give me a break – would I really want my man to be so word challenged, when I spend a bomb to get that diva look? Nahhhh – I’d rather have him spouting lots of words, poems & songs :-)

And if the advertisers had their way, they would almost coerce Earth to change her shape to a heart shaped globe (for 14th), and emit a pink aura instead of the blue haze. And, Mr. Cupid – hrmmmp – you’d be asked to smarten up – whats with flying around with a silly bow & arrow, and missing the mark completely many a time!!!!

Whatever!!!!! I just find all this cacophony about Valentine’s Day quite weird.
Think about it - its the day celebrated for love. And for love to grow, isn’t peace, quietness and intimacy important?

For me, Valentine’s Day is to appreciate your love and thank them all. So on this sunny afternoon, nibbling on the wonderful choclate encased strawberries (another reason why I love Valentine’s Day is because the confectioners go ballistic with gorgeous choclates & what nots – slurrrp) and listening to Carpenters belt out “There's a kind of hush all over the world tonight All over the world you can hear the sounds of lovers in love You know what I mean Just the two of us and…..” I include this wonderful piece I found in the net.
This echoes my sentiment totally –

When I was little, I used to believe in the concept of one best friend,
and then I started to become a woman. And I found out that if you allow
your heart to open up, God would show you the best in many friends.

One friend's best is needed when you're going through things with your
job. Another friend's best needed when you're going through things
with your family. Another when you want to shop, share, heal, hurt, joke, or just be.
One friend will say let's pray together, another let's cry together,
another let's fight together, another let's walk away together.
One friend will meet your spiritual need, another your shoe fetish,
another your love for movies, another will be with you in your season of
confusion, another will be your clarifier, another the wind beneath your wings.
It may all be wrapped up in one woman or man, but for many it's wrapped up in several, one from 7th grade, one from high school, several from the college years, a couple from old jobs, several from the social network, on some days your mother, on others your sisters, some days your boyfriend or husband and on some days it's the one that you needed just for that day or week when you needed someone with a fresh
perspective, or the one who would just listen without judging... those are good girlfriends/best friends.
I thank my girlfriends and boyfriends, those who honor intimacy, those
who hold trust, and those who hold me up when life is just too heavy! What the hell – even those who didn't!
The special bond we share is unique. Thanks for the words we've shared..
The laughs, the tears, the phone calls, the emails, the shopping, the
movies, the lunches, the dinners, the talking, talking, talking and the
listening, listening, listening....
So whether you've been there 20 minutes or 35 years,
I love you!

Muaahhhhh & a Happy Valentines Day.

8 comments:

GSV said...

Interesting...I think the Title should be "The Valentine Harmony"

:)

ruSh.Me said...

hmmm....very well said Non Sen..... Infact i would agree with u on the concept of best friends.... God blessed me with numerous friends.. some of which did got an upgradation to the "Best" level... but then u cant give love a clerk's level, a officer, gazetted or non gazetted level.... lol....seems funny!!!

And Valentine's Day now seems to have every possible use for Retailers, political activists, TV channels, Law Enforcement agencies as of rather to Followers of St. Valentine's......lol... Happy Valentine's Day!!! :D

Anonymous said...

“This Valentine’s Day is going to be great for Gemini & Libra, but Saggitarians better beware. For others it will be OK.”
No, this isn’t my prophecy , but some astrologer’s statement I overheard in the radio the other day.


Gosh – now if you found this funny, sample this –
Girl: “Darling I erased your presentation my mistake”
Guy (in a dazed voice):“Super”
Girl: “I know your promotion depended on it”
Guy (same tone) : “Awesome”
Girl: “Are you listening to what I’m saying”
Guy (same tone) : “Wow”
Then a voice over says, “Come to XYZ Beauty Salon and get a total makeover for this Valentine’s Day..

the obnoxious ass-tro-logers and their banter seriously, sometime back there was this lunar eclipse and on the tv this old fat rich fucking guy is sitting wraped in gold chain and goes, the women tonight should not come out of their houses, especaily if she is pregnant.and and they chould put dahi on their stomach if they are pregnant..hehehe..tht was so funny, me and my mum laughed like hell..whts the point? ehehhee

and the radio ad..aah...thts called quality ads...
read this-

jhusssss!!
arre bhagyawaan kya jala?
omlete!
uff daftar mein aaj phir late!
issi liye toh kehti hun laiye sona frying pan!!

NonsSens said...

Ass trologers" - hehehehe - loved it & the episode abt lunar eclipse....BTW, y are most astrologers out of shape (read ostensibly fat)??? Strange:-))
Hehehe - radio ads....some of them r indeed funny

we-the-helping-hands said...

hehe ;) what about the Revlon and Lakme Makeoverz ;)

we-the-helping-hands said...

Ass trologers lolz.. hey which channel/ program u ppl referring to here :D

Aarat said...

You said it Nandini.... Why most of the time, whatever you say... I feel the same? I mean, it's like my thoughts getting words... "women instincts?"...

Yes, I too believe that when love, liking, positive feelings are there... they are easily felt... No need to tell, you know...

Those whom we love, the relationship is soooo intimate that it's too formal to actually tell them, when whole of your behaviour and body language is saying the same thing....

But on the second thought... I think everyone love to hear that again again.... so no harm in grabbing an opportunity to say it once more... what say?

richa said...

liked the part about friends...i was infact very recently thinking a feeling not a bit low..that who is my best frnd and u r right..as we grow older we share many htings with many diff people...they all are important and they all are best!!