*Stay faithful to the stories in your head.


* Fiction writing is great. You can make up almost anything.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dreamin'

An expanse of verdant green...rolling into a hill. Pretty cotton wool clouds are floating in the sky. Far away there is a cute cottage with a fence running around it. The fence is covered with wonderful smelling rose bushes. A German stands there, wagging its tail. Beside him stands a girl with a sweet, smiling face. There is a gentle breeze, and her pony tails flaps in the wind. ...No, let me erase that, she wears her hair in a pait - yes, with a big ribbon.
That girl is me....I look up at the sky, and lo behold there is a rainbow on the horizon. A rainbow with profusion of colours - red, green, violet, blue, orange. No I change some of the colours into maroon and pink.
Colours - what are they but mere names, filled out by my imagination. I have many images running through my mind - people call them dreams.
You see I am blind - I cannot see without, but can dream within.

3 comments:

Hazaron Khwahishein said...

That's a good one... Really nice thought... But one question... If someone is blind, how can they even imagine colours...? I mean, that again is imagination...? I mean, wouldn't they be calling their clothes - 'soft like medicated cotton', 'velvety like dog's fur' or 'rough like the pineapple skin;...Similar to the way we call 'Orange colour', Peach colour'(We relate the colour to something we can see), 'Sour smell'(sour is not the smell, it's taste, but we relate it to the smell coming form sour thing)...

These are just thoughts... Don't know how they feel... Would love to donate my eyes...

Nice dreaming.... Oh, or may be she lost her sight later in life, after seeing the world and colours... Possible...Right?

Neel said...

Wonderful post Nondini........our dreams and imaginations have no boundaries.......we really do not need eyes to see the wonders of nature and the beauty of this Mother Earth.....we need to feel it......our hearts should be big and compassionate enough to embrace the world with all its hues and colours.........

divineGirl said...

ohh so close to what I was wondering... in the colourful bangles pic I displayed in profile :P
I truly understand... Colours.. imaginations... lovely post :)